I spent the last week in San Francisco finding an amazing apartment (although I was not really responsible for the finding… credit where credit is due, Lynn) and noticing the cyclists there. As many of you know, there are hills in San Francisco, and they are not for the faint of heart. Or the faint of leg. Despite the fact that I have been trying to stay on the stationary trainer this winter, I was gripped with a sudden and gripping fear that I would arrive in SF and make a fool of myself on the hills. Arriving home in the 35F with sleet and rain, however, was not helpful. Finally, today was beautiful. It got up to almost 50F, it was sunny, and I got out my bike. I have many friends and colleagues who are much more intense cyclists than I, and even more who were industrious on those few very warm days we had earlier in the year. But today was the day for me, and it was glorious. Thank goodness I made my rank list in the winter!
- Why I Started a Non-Profit During Medical School
- Near Peer Mentorship in Med School: Preparing for the Clinical Space
- The Obesity Medicine Clinical Elective: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Understanding and Treating Obesity as a Chronic Condition
- We Are Not Alone: Association of Women Surgeons
- Initiating Impact in Med School: Advocacy and State Policy Change